Calpine Containers, Inc. Privacy Notice
Last Updated: September 29, 2023
Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact Information: Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses.
How We Collect Data
We collect data through the following methods:
- Web Forms: Information you provide when filling out forms on our website.
Purpose of Data Processing
We collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To send you updates, newsletters, or marketing communications.
- To provide you with the products or services you request.
We may share your data with legal authorities when required by law.
We use reasonable security measures to protect your data, including encryption, access controls, and regular security assessments.
You have the right to:
- Access, correct, or delete your personal information.
- Withdraw consent for data processing.
- Object to the processing of your data.
If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by Calpine to promote our own or third parties’ products or services you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect
We retain your data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this notice or as required by law.
Cookies and Tracking
Third Party Websites
Our website is not designed to attract children and it is not our intent to collect personal data from children under the age of consent in their country of residence. We therefore request that children under the age of consent do not submit any personal data to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of consent in their country of residence without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under age of consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
California Residents Only
CCPA Notice and Policy
During the past twelve (12) months, we have collected the personal information categories listed in the table below. The table also lists, for each category, our expected retention period and business purpose.
|Personal Information Category||Retention Period||Business Purpose|
|Identifiers: such as real name, postal address and email address||For as long as the information is required to fulfill our legitimate business needs or the purposes for which the information was collected, or for as long as is required by law.||To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information; To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses; To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; andAs described to you when collecting your personal information.|
|California Customer Records personal information: such as name, address, and telephone number; some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||For as long as the information is required to fulfill our legitimate business needs or the purposes for which the information was collected, or for as long as is required by law.||To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information; To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses; To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; andAs described to you when collecting your personal information.|
We have collected the categories of information listed above directly from you, i.e., from the forms you completed on our website. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
CCPA Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the “right to know”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the “right to delete”). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall. conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We will delete or deidentify personal information not subject to one of these exceptions from our records and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Exercising Your Rights to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
You may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make it.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please [contact [CONTACT]/[OTHER ACTION]].
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.